California Defense Ecosystem and National Consortium Effort (CADENCE) Requests for Applications (RFA)
The California Community Colleges Workforce and Economic Development Program Business and Entrepreneurship Sector is seeking applications for the following student internship/faculty externship project:
CADENCE Student Internship/Faculty Externship project
- Seeking ten (10) colleges to place 2 student interns and 1 faculty extern at California defense manufacturing community consortium firms.
- Each college selected to participate will receive $8,500 ($8,000 for faculty stipends plus $500 for faculty travel expenses).
- Student wages will be 100% subsidized (up to 75 hours per business at a burdened rate of $20/hr) by the Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC)
- Students are encouraged to enroll in college work experience programs to earn college credit
Applications due 5:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, February 26, 2021. RFA information below:
- February 5, 2021 : Informational Webinar 10 – 11 am
- Meeting ID: 928 5045 2550
- February 26, 2021 : Applications due no later than 5:00 P.M.
- March 3, 2021 : Notification of Awards
- March 17, 2021 : Sub-agreements approved by SCC Board
- March 18, 2021 : Project Start Date
- March 26, 2021 : Orientation for Faculty Externs/Coaches
- August 31, 2022 : Project Completion Date
- August 31, 2022 : Final Report and Final Invoice Due
THIS COMMUNICATION IS FUNDED BY A U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OFFICE OF LOCAL DEFENSE COMMUNITY COOPERATION GRANT THROUGH THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE OF PLANNING AND RESEARCH. THE CONTENT REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGES BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP SECTOR AND DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OFFICE OF ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT, OR THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE OF PLANNING AND RESEARCH.