About Careers in Business and Entrepreneurship
Business and entrepreneurship cross all sectors of the economy. The Business and Entrepreneurship Sector of the California Community Colleges strives to provide students with a variety of experiential learning opportunities such as student internships, apprenticeships, business pitch competitions, entrepreneurship clubs, campus entrepreneurship centers, student-run businesses, and real world-class projects. Our goal is to help you develop an entrepreneurial mindset that will benefit you in both the workplace or in starting your own business.
The Business and Entrepreneurship Sector is partnering with the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center to place student interns with early stage startup companies. These are currently unpaid internships, but students can enroll in their college work experience program to earn college credit. Student will need to be nominated by a faculty willing to act as a coach during the project. For a list of colleges and faculty participating, contact Isis Torres at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center Isis Torres Isis.Torres@thecenter.nasdaq.org.
May 31st- August 24th
August 30th – November 23rd
- Nasdaq Student Internship Video
- Nasdaq Student Internship Testimonials Video
- Nasdaq Student Internship Flyer
- Nasdaq Student Internship Application
Under the CITI University Partnerships in Innovation & Discovery (CUPID) program, instructors can assign CITI Digital badges within Canvas. Students who complete three CITI Digital Badges will be eligible to apply to be teamed with a CITI mentor on a Capstone project which could then lead to a potential internship with CITI. For a list of participating colleges, contact email@example.com.
- CITI Ventures – Spring 2021 Capstone and Internship Timeline
- Citi Career Event for Students
- Recording of Citi Career Event
Coming Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 – The Governor’s Office Department of Defense (DOD) CADENCE grant will be placing student interns coached by faculty externs at DoD Small Business Innovation and Research (SBIR) companies. These are paid internships for 75 hrs. For a list of participating colleges and faculty, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAAS (Intern-At-A-Startup) is a program for community college students to find and apply for internship and cofounder positions at startups and student projects respectively.
Education and Career Pathways
Education & Career Pathways
The Business & Entrepreneurship Sector provides resources and tools for students and learners interested in entrepreneurship and business.
- ProvenReady – The PROVENREADY: Classroom College Career PROGRAM helps build tomorrow’s workforce today by giving high school students the opportunity to learn more about college and career opportunities in Business, Entrepreneurship, Global Trade, Advanced Transportation, and Logistics – and the opportunity to earn industry-certified credentials in those sectors.
- Youth Entrepreneurship Programs (YEP) – This program is designed for high school and college students who want to explore the world of business. Students receive practical, hands-on training from business advisors and local business leaders.
- Student Business Boot Camps – This intensive learning experience allows youth to explore the world of business. It includes researching business ideas, business simulation, guest speakers and field trips.
- Student Resources
- Entrepreneur Network Los Angeles
- HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (LIFE)
- Enactus (Formerly Students in Free Enterprise)
- California DECA
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization
- Extreme Entrepreneurship Tour
- California Virtual Enterprise
- Junior Achievement Southern CA
- Junior Achievement Northern CA