About Careers in Business and Entrepreneurship
Business and entrepreneurship cross all sectors of the economy. The Business and Entrepreneurship Sector of the California Community Colleges strives to provide students with a variety of experiential learning opportunities such as student internships, apprenticeships, business pitch competitions, entrepreneurship clubs, campus entrepreneurship centers, student-run businesses, and real world-class projects. Our goal is to help you develop an entrepreneurial mindset that will benefit you in both the workplace or in starting your own business.
There are no internship opportunities at this time.
Community College Student Graphic Design Competition
College of the Desert Graphic Design/Marketing major, Jorge Velez, takes first place in a statewide student competition to develop a new logo for a faculty curriculum resources sharing website.
Education and Career Pathways
Education & Career Pathways
The Business & Entrepreneurship Sector provides resources and tools for students and learners interested in entrepreneurship and business.
- Youth Entrepreneurship Programs (YEP) – This program is designed for high school and college students who want to explore the world of business. Students receive practical, hands-on training from business advisors and local business leaders.
- Student Business Boot Camps – This intensive learning experience allows youth to explore the world of business. It includes researching business ideas, business simulation, guest speakers and field trips.
- Student Resources
- Entrepreneur Network Los Angeles
- HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (LIFE)
- Enactus (Formerly Students in Free Enterprise)
- California DECA
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization
- Extreme Entrepreneurship Tour
- California Virtual Enterprise
- Junior Achievement Southern CA
- Junior Achievement Northern CA